Want to submit your work to Kindergarten?
As a small and self-funded publication, all submissions to Kindergarten are volunteer-based. We appreciate all of the work shared with us and hope to continue to grow so we can better compensate contributors.
We are now accepting submissions for Issue 23, Warmth, until December 29th.
Guidelines for Warmth
After long days spent in the cold air, we crave warm nights cuddled up by the heater. For this theme, we’re thinking about campfires, shelter from the snow, darkness, reuniting with loved ones, your favorite pajamas, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, rushing home, hibernating, log cabins, solitude, and winter traditions. Now more than ever we’re looking for something or someone to warm us up. How do you survive winter’s darkest days?
What to submit
Kindergarten accepts essays, fiction, poetry, book/movie reviews, artwork, photography, etc. that fit under the current theme.
- In order to be posted on the site, all work submitted must be unpublished.
- Text files should be PDF, DOC, or Google Docs, visual files should be JPEG or PNG.
- For written works, we have a 2,000-word limit.
- Photos and visual art must be high quality, at least 72 DPI.
- All works must be submitted with a title.
- Visual works require an artist statement, at least a paragraph long.
How to submit
If you have writing or photos that go with our theme, send us an email with your first and last name and a small explanation of your work. If you plan on contributing regularly, mention that too so we can set you up to be a contributor.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org